Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Revit 2010 to ship with Classic UI

I’ll probably get in trouble for divulging this information, but I’m very excited about some last minute changes to Revit 2010. The new Ribbon interface will come with the option to change it to Classic Mode and we will have a couple of additional tabs and buttons.

But the Factory didn’t stop there: they gave use new revamped text tools that will be the envy of all text editing features out there. I’m finding it hard to contain my excitement! We should be getting Revit 2010 soon and I can’t wait to take advantage of these great features. Here’s a sneak peak:

2010 Classic UI

EDIT: What started as a pure joke turned out to be true. Psychic? Absolutely...not! But hey, I'll take credit anyway ;) So to enable Classic mode, follow this link. To make it easier to switch back and forth, use this utility, courtesy of Greg at Revit3d.com.


Share/Save/Bookmark

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

Someone will be happy with the royalties they get for this design :)

Graham Briggs said...

David, that's just CRUEL!

Anonymous said...

David,
I am now officially the happiest man in Christendom
Cheers,

Ian Kidston

Brett said...

You just have to love a good April Fools Day joke.

Thanks for starting my day off with a good laugh. We can only hope that some of this will eventually come true (maybe Revit 2015).

Anonymous said...

Dave - you are a cruel cruel person.

KyleB said...

This made me smile this morning.

PatrickS said...

must be an April Fool's day thing.

Erik said...

You were THIS close to having me. Untill I read about the text tools. That's when I realized what day it is. :)

coreed said...

sorry,i didn't buy it. that was totally to good to be true. :)

David Kingham said...

The sad part is that is so absurd that I didn't believe it for a second

Elisa said...

This is great! I subscribe and get emails of your posts, I've had fun forwarding it to all I know! Thanks it was a nice laugh during hard times.

Dave Baldacchino said...

Thanks for playing along people. Can you believe it I got emails asking me how to enable the Classic UI?? :)

Anonymous said...

Bugger,
Being half a world away, in a different time zone and desperate to believe it was true, I took the bait hook, line and sinker!!!
Oh well, back to pushing the staff to learn the shortcut keys!
David, the others are right, you are a CRUEL, CRUEL man.

Cheers,

Ian K

Unknown said...

Very funny!!!! lol...forever the comedian....mind you, you could have posted that Autodesk had released a civil's extension for Revit 2010 called Digit. :-)

Erik said...

Digit... I dig it. Hmmmmm, now if people will just forget that by next year, I've got my April 1st all wrapped up. :)

Dave Baldacchino said...

Well, all I can say is thanks to Autodesk for giving us the perfect April Fool's headline! Hey Ian, I hope your lips are no longer hurting ;)

alleycatbabe said...

I was so wishing this was true. I got excited & then let down when I realized the date on the post. That's what I get for reading this late. :-)

Nicholas Iyadurai said...

We never know...may be autodesk will ship RVT like this!

Dave Baldacchino said...

I've finally updated this post. Sorry it took so long!

Post a Comment