If that’s the case, then don’t bother as 2011 is just a few weeks away. And it’s by far one of the best releases over the last few years.
I don’t engage in re-posting other blogger’s material as I’m sure our readers are smart enough to have more than one blog feed/subscription ;) And I’m not in the “scoop” business so I won’t even attempt to give you any new information that’s not out there already. But just in case you didn’t know, the new features have been posted and I’m sure the new iteration of the Ribbon is being debated somewhere on this planet. We’ll obviously post on the new release in the coming months, but I’m going to take a laid back approach. So grab your beverage of choice and go take a look at (ordered by what pops up first in my mind):
- The new Realistic visual styles
- Enjoy faster multi-threaded opening of 3D views
- Better workset and filtering control of linked files
- A mode-less properties palette
- A Sun-Path diagram
- Improved massing tools with the ability to edit profiles, dissolve form, etc.
- Adaptive components
- Enhanced text and leaders
- A better Ribbon
- Improved API
- and lots, lots more!
For you click-a-holics, this is a great post to start from. And you know the author (David Light), so you should have no doubt he’s given it his all to create original content! Have fun.